Lovers & The Unexpected Gazebo

It was a nice day. We met Shelly's friends at the base of the Duquesne Incline to start the day of casual "Save the Date" photos. They are a very cool, laid-back couple. We rode the Incline up to Mount Washington and started just walking, talking and shooting images. After about an hour up on the mountain, we came back down, shot a few randoms and found a gazebo in the middle of a vacant lot. I have no idea who it belonged to, why it was there or what the purpose of it was. All I know is that it made for another shot to pick from later.

That proved a point to me. Sometimes the most well laid-out plans need altered. You need to stay flexible and walk with your "eyes open". You never know when you'll find your "abandoned gazebo". We spent a few more hours (after a nice lunch break) shooting at another location along the river.

All in all, each location gave me a few good shots to put in the batch. But, I will say... the unexpected gazebo may be the best shot of them all. Just reminds me to keep my eyes open.