Facebook Photographers Association

Okay, contrary to the title of this entry, Facebook did NOT create an association for photographers. I did. I decided that there was a need for an association where photographers of all levels could share information and learn from pros - without receiving any condescending remarks or fear of asking a "stupid" question.

Seeing the reality that Facebook is the largest social community on the planet, I chose to use it's population as the photographers pool from which I attracted members. Why not, right?

So, in a pure marketing tactic, I named it the Facebook Photographers Association (FPA). In less than 72 hours, the membership base has exceeded 1,200 and is currently at a signup rate near 100/hour.

The opportunities are endless. From a philanthropic position, a membership of 10,000 could donate $1 each every month and a donation could be made to a charity on behalf of the organization. Discounts can be negotiated with companies once membership hits a massive level. The sky's the limit.

I have a feeling that this will turn into a part-time job for me. Depending on what can be developed, this will either the best time consuming idea or a venue for building revenue streams that can be put to good use.

We will see. That is for sure.

- Posted using iPhone