Arghhh! Images Lost!

Well, I have learned my lesson. I had about 400 amateur hockey photos that I took over the weekend on a CF card. Well, somehow that card ended up in my 50D that my dad used to help me shoot the Pitt game yesterday. Needless to say, we formatted the card before we started.

So, as a lesson has been learned - backup, backup and backup some more. Even better, edit/import the images the night of the event. That way, at least I would have had them on the laptop or on my external hard drive. Serves me right - especially since I can set the 1D MkII to record to both a CF and SD simultaneously.

Here's one shot from that day. I just happened to print it out for a parent. The lighting sucked so post-processing was a nightmare since I didn't shoot in RAW. Next time, I will remember to shoot in RAW. Let's just say that this hockey game was a learning experience on quite a few levels...