Covert Mission - Mellon Arena

Well, since I was denied any credentials the traditional way, I decided to take a more "fan" approach. I am just going to take the consumer 50D without the grip and one of the kit lenses. Collapsed, it follow the rules and shouldn't cause any problems.
I will, however, take a high-priced Sony consumer camera in case. It has 10x optical and 24x digital zoom. Why this is allowed and a straight 200mm isn't, I have no idea. I think it just comes down to the fact that the pros with the credentials don't want people in the stands getting any shots that might rival theirs. Working on assignment for Pitt, I can totally see the issue. I wouldn't want a GWC to shoot when I have worked hard to get credentials and a paying gig.

Well, off I go... wish me luck. 3"?? What in the world does the length of the lens have to do with it. Hell, the 18-55mm that comes with most Walmart cameras is longer than that. Not to mention... the optical zoom on some of these consumer cams is easily more than 3.

I feel like a camera-toting, 007 today...