Preparing for Trip

I leave tomorrow morning EARLY for the women's Big East Tournament in Hartford, CT. This, so far, is my biggest assignment. Sure, it's womens. Yes, it's not the men's NCAA Tournament. But, it is a paying gig with a major NCAA Division I school. It's the reality of yet one more step in my goal of becoming a team photographer for a professional franchise, or establishing a business shooting custom sports portraits and action photos.

I am looking through my Pelican bag and trying to make sure I have everything I need (packing clothes is another story). Here's what I am taking along with me...

Cameras
- Canon 1D Mark II
- Canon 50D w/ battery grip
Lenses
- Canon 70-200mm f/2.8 USM IS
- Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8
- Canon 55-250mm f/4.5-5.6
- Canon 50mm f/1.8
Miscellaneous
- 500GB USB External Hard Drive
- Two (2) extra batteries for the 1D w/ charger
- One (1) AC battery for the 1D to run off AC power, if needed
- Pocket Wizard remote shutter release
- One (1) Canon 580EX II flash unit
- One (1) Canon ST-E2 infrared transmitter for the 580 EX II
- 4x AA battery charger with AC & Auto power cords
- HP Laptop w/ 50-in-1 card reader
- iPhone 3G

I am sure there is more, but that gives an idea of how much stuff needs to travel with me. They've chartered a flight so carry-on restrictions aren't that much of an issue, but my Pelican bag is cool. The front section is a detachable laptop bag. So, you can wheel it around and then unzip that portion when you go to store it in the overhead bin. Crafty, huh?