NIT - Morning Practice

It was in interesting part of my assignment. I had to shoot during their morning practice. Never thought that it would be something wanted, but afterwards I realized that you can get a lot of candid shots of the players and coaches. During a game, it can be hard to catch every emotional moment but during a heated practice, a lot of cool shots can come out of it.

Not to mention, you can really make a bid more attractive if you spilt up a "game" rate and a "practice" rate. My language always says that one assumes the other. So, it is the equivalent of quoting a combined dayrate. Just a thought. It works for me.

The BIG downside is that during the shoot-around, the lights were not ALL on. So, I have no idea what to expect tonight. I'll spend the first 30 minutes trying to get a low ISO and high shutter speed combination. I hope to shoot around ISO 400-640 and crank the shutter up close to 1/800. I can do that at the Peterson (Pitt) and hope that is the case here. The arena is new, so there are "broadcast" lights throughout the ceiling.

As far as the photos, not all were team-related. One of the staff was playing with Matchbox cars with the son of one of the coaches. Made a good shot. That little kid probably is responsible for about 75 shots. But, there will be some that will not only be worth keeping, but the coach will appreciate the memories created and captured.

The schedule is grueling. Back at 1:30pm, pre-game meal at 3:30pm adn check-out and load at 5:30. Game at 7:00pm and off to the next location by 10:00pm. Where? Who knows. It could be back home (with a loss), Ann Arbor (UM) or Kent State.