NIT - Day One

First of all, here's to playing more than one game this time. A one-and-done trip will be a loss for me since I gave up a hockey shoot for parents this weekend.

Second, the hotel has free internet. Always a added and usually unexpected benefit. So much for me hacking my iPhone this week. LOL

I have one major recommendation to anyone doing a per-game or day-rate assignment out of town for a client. One, be sure that all travel, lodging and meals are paid for and/or provided. No sense in paying out of pocket and billing them to get reimbursed. Second, request/require your OWN room with a king bed. Sounds silliy, but you'll appreciate the privacy on the long days.

The reason for the early post is to reiterate how important realizing that the best camera you have is perhaps the one you have with you. I was riding the bus last night and saw the sunset. I didn't have my gear on board (it was below) but wanted to get the shot. Very cool late winter sunset. Being along the highway made it a cool juxtaposition in my opinion.


The above was shot with my iPhone using the OneCamera app. Not an award winning shot, but pretty decent conisidering the circumstances. If I color balance it in Photoshop (I will and post the "after" shot), it might be a good shot.

Here's after 3 minutes of color editing and nose reduction:



The date included on the bottom of the image could be cropped out, but this is simply how it was taken and how it came out of the phone's camera. So, aside from a fast shutter speed, your camera phone may just be "good enough" to catch that fleeting moment.