First Live Transmit & 1D MkII

Tonight I am covering the Pitt game and will make my first attempt at transmitting images at halftime. I will be making a blog post during halftime where I will be attempting to upload some images. It should be interesting.

Also, this is the first time I will be trying my new 1D MkII at an NCAA event with good lighting. We'll see how that turns out. I also am fortunate enough to be picking up a new Pelican travel case for my gear. Good 'ole Craigslist!

I leave for Connecticut on Thursday morning and am completely behind schedule on a lot of things. Little did I know how much I would have to do in the meantime. Buying the new camera may prove to be a silly move. If I go back to the 50D - I'll be pissed.

Well, off to Pitt...

UPDATE @ 5:10pm

I am now sitting at Panera Bread. Sadly, the damn free Wi-Fi here sucks. It's so bad I am piggy-backing off of the Quality Inn's service across the parking lot. I love hotels with free Wi-Fi :-)

I sent an email to all the Sports Information Directors in the Big East just now. I am hoping to catch on with one of the schools after Pitt loses. In a perfect world, I'll catch on with a school that lasts a while. I figure at my day rate (purposely kept secret so as to know give anyone any reason to complain) is good enough money that an extra 5-10 games would be nice. I don't even mind if I have to take care of my own return travel. After all, I have two USAir tickets that were never used. I think I can use them for $150.

The bag I just picked up is definitely going to make my life easier. I literally have condensed three (3) bags including a pelican 1510 into one bag. Whew! That's the best $95.00 spent so far. After tonight, I'll see if the $1,000 I just spent on the 1D Mark II is worth it for sports. By all accounts, I should be very pleased. Look for some photos posted at halftime...